Benefits of the Seven Period Day
- Increased time for student practice
- Use of peer leaders to assist with freshman advisement/tutoring/mentoring
- Time for silent sustained reading.
- Academically gifted students model good study habits as guided study classes will be a mix of all student levels and abilities.
- Time to implement SAT online, Media Center Orientations, Administrative tasks/counseling etc., without interrupting instruction.
- Pull-out intervention for specific subjects, Gateway, and GHSGT
- Decreased numbers at lunch.
- Ideal opportunity for students to make-up assignments per teacher request.
- Allow students to connect with a teacher in a non-evaluative environment.
- Quickly identify students who need more time and support.
- Extra tutoring provided by BETA Club various Honors Societies
Guided Study Schedule
- Monday: Guided Study/Silent Sustained Reading
- Tuesday: Student Advisement lessons or conferences
- Wednesday: Guided Study/Silent Sustained Reading or Homeroom activities (elections, surveys, etc.)
- Thursday: Guided Study/Silent Sustained Reading
- Friday: Broadcast Announcements
Click HERE for the Bell Schedule
- Students are required to read, study, or work on homework.
- Sleeping, eating, socializing, or listening to electronic devices will not be allowed.
- All regular classroom guidelines are expected to be followed.
- Discipline referral will be given for not following guidelines. Consequences begin with a teacher warning. 2nd offense will be an administrative referral.